Under the directions of Engineer Tarek El Molla Minister of Petroleum and Mineral Resources and pursuing to the vision of the Ministry of Petroleum on the necessity that the chairmen of the companies of the sector to attend the workshops to create the Petroleum sector plan in the safety and health field which will be presented to Engineer Tarek El Molla Minister of Petroleum during the World Safety Day of the year 2019.
Engineer Ibrahim Massoud, Chairman and Directing Manager has attended a successful workshop on safe driving organized by Schlumberger, and the event has started by presenting a video of Engineer Tarek El Molla Minister of Petroleum and Mineral Resources thanking the sector’s employees on their efforts in the previous period.
He has also emphasized on the importance of Safety and Health in the Petroleum Sector underlining the necessity of the protection of the lives and the properties of the sector’s companies and making safety and health on the priorities list, that was followed by a presentation on safe driving of different sorts of vehicles.
And during the event, Engineer Ibrahim Massoud showed a presentation on the steps necessary to apply a safe driving system at the company and following up on the execution of the following steps:
- Publishing a safe driving policy and requiring the high management of the company to support and apply them.
- Supporting the drivers’ high management to make both theoretical and applied training programs on defensive driving.
- Applying the safe trip system and the IVMS program to measure the drivers’ performance and control during driving.
- Making sure periodical tests are made for the drivers.
- Measurement of the performance and the commitment to the safe driving policy and the necessity of the application the reward and penalty principle of the policy.
In the workshop organized by Schlumberger on safe driving, he was accompanied the Chemist Mohamed Hassan General Manager of Safety and Health.
The EGPC has sent a letter to all petroleum companies to attend workshops for their chairmen and high management stating that the attendance is required to be by the chairman or his delegate in case the first couldn’t attend and that in the hierarchy scheme the delegate needs to be at least the chairman assistant and the general manager of safety and health. The workshops would be held in Sky Spa owned by the petroleum sector in order to make a plan of the commitments of the sector in the health and safety field that will be presented by Engineer Tarek El Molla in World Safety Day of the year 2019.